The Florida Literary Arts Coalition is now welcoming proposals for the 2019 Other Words conference, to be held on campus at The University of Tampa. This year, we are particularly interested in the following types of panels and presentations (though all proposals will be carefully considered):
- Generative writing workshops, especially those that focus on experimental forms, collaborative works, and digital/new media technologies
- Discussions of pedagogy in creative writing
- Collaborations between writers at different levels of career development
- Informative presentations on publishing
- Examinations of how literary communities can and should intersect with other underserved communities
- Introductions to exciting small presses and independent literary journals
Proposals should include:
- Description (up to 250 words)
- A brief (50 word) rationale for the proposal
- A list of up to 4 participants, with name, affiliation (organization, university, etc.), and email addresses for each
- AV or other special requests
There will be a limited number of time slots available for readings. Panel and workshop proposals will be given preference. Publishers and journals may also reserve tables in the conference book fair at this time.
to bring together writers, editors, agents, publishers, book sellers, grant administrators, directors of writers' colonies and retreats, and other interested folk in one place. We'll be talking about the how to of the literary arts: how to write it, make it, sell it, fund it, and nurture it.
to bring together hundreds of the region's literary arts people and form a regional coalition that promotes our mutual literary efforts in as many ways as possible.
<-----For more information about the conference, please visit the links in the left column.